a word about contingency (1)
I like to see contingency as possible outcome for the future.
Ideally, I would focus on a somewhat folkloric idea of fortune telling and stuff like that (home made forecasts, general predictions, visions, prophecies of the future, etc). But I guess contingency falls back on something more..(I regret to say:) reasonable.. in terms of...the...errrrr....sciences of....prediction!! In the end, it sounds more like a concrete plan: it speculates on concrete basis about the near future with the concrete materials/tools of the present, keeping in mind that, 'uncertainty' is a quality inherent to the 'future', and like that contingency stands also for the 'possible'. The 'possible' can, of course be understood or measured accordingly to one believes or even faith, but personally i'm more interested in what is symptomatic today that is most likely to be concrete tomorrow..
Ideally, I would focus on a somewhat folkloric idea of fortune telling and stuff like that (home made forecasts, general predictions, visions, prophecies of the future, etc). But I guess contingency falls back on something more..(I regret to say:) reasonable.. in terms of...the...errrrr....sciences of....prediction!! In the end, it sounds more like a concrete plan: it speculates on concrete basis about the near future with the concrete materials/tools of the present, keeping in mind that, 'uncertainty' is a quality inherent to the 'future', and like that contingency stands also for the 'possible'. The 'possible' can, of course be understood or measured accordingly to one believes or even faith, but personally i'm more interested in what is symptomatic today that is most likely to be concrete tomorrow..

Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário